Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Sixties Captain Kangaroo
16-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Early Sixties Captain Kangaroo
In the early sixties, Captain Kangaroo featured a segment in which some sort of clockwork anthropomorphic animal -- hedgehog? -- played a hurdy-gurdy, against an empty black background; intercut with a revolving toy ferris wheel, also against an empty black background. The entire surreal scene was underscored with melancholy music. What was this?
26-04-2011, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2011 07:48 PM by bigkid.)
RE: Early Sixties Captain Kangaroo
Captain Kangaroo opening titles...

Bigkid - Administrator
26-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Seeing that I asked about an "early sixties" segment, the 1976 intro is especially enlightening. Thank you ever so much.
27-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Oops! My apologies, I didn't read it properly. Well hopefully the vid might trigger some memories ??

Bigkid - Administrator
29-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I don't remember that particular segment, although there were many small cut-away shots like that. I remember white-gloved hands doing magic tricks accompanied by strange flute music too ... and of course Bunny Rabbit and Mr. Moose and all of their hi-jinx.
30-11-2011, 09:37 AM
That's a good question that I wish I knew the answer to. However, I fondly remember watching Captain Kangaroo as a young child. I loved his smile and he reminded me of my beloved grandfather.